Credit: NWS: Wichita, Kansas. Launch the National Weather Service Site for more information: Launch
2019 Mental Health Symposium
This course is designed to promote an interprofessional approach to implementing strategies to build resilience through
the development of a trauma-informed community.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the impact of fragmented response to adverse childhood experiences (ACE’s)
• Explore strategies and initiatives to build a trauma-informed community.
• Demonstrate how to use solution-focused conversation techniques when doing the Columbia Risk Assessment.
• Describe the importance of using solution-focused conversation techniques in a trauma-informed response.
• Explore various models of shared medical visits.
• Discuss strategies to overcome barriers to implementing shared medical visits.
• Identify challenges to using telemedicine effectively.
• Examine strategies to enhance the effectiveness of telemedicine.
• Role play effective facilitation of telemedicine.
Full Day Symposium - Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors, and all other interested allied health professionals; Morning Symposium - School Teachers and Law Enforcement.
$75 – Morning Symposium (8 a.m. - 1 p.m.) $125 – Full-Day Symposium
How to Register
Register online at www.eeds.com/live/331242.
Registration Deadline: October 28, 2019
$10 late fee applied after October 28, 2019
For further assistance with registration, contact the KU AHEC Statewide Office by calling (620) 235-4040.
North Central Kansas Healthcare Coalition News
Keeping our communities prepared for health emergencies.
This publication was supported by the Grant or Cooperative Agreement Number, NU90TP921936, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Health and Human Services.